Apple launched MacBook Pro 14-inch and 16-inch in India starting at Rs.1,99,900 with new M2 Pro and M2 Max chips
Apple has launched its most expected upgrade to the MacBook Pro series that runs on the latest M2 Pro with up to 12-core CPU for up to 20% greater performance over the M1 Pro, 200GB/s of unified memory bandwidth, double the amount in M2, up to 32GB of unified memory and a new GPU with up to 19 cores for up to 30 percent more graphics performance, and the Neural Engine that is 40% faster.
The MacBook Pro with M2 Max has up to 38 core GPU for up to 30% improved graphics performance over M1 Max, 400GB/s of unified memory bandwidth which is twice the M2 Pro chip. The M2 Max has a next-gen 12-core CPU with up to eight high-performance and four high-efficiency cores for up to 20% greater performance over M1 Max, and a more powerful media engine than M2 Pro, with twice the ProRes acceleration to dramatically speed up media playback and transcoding, said the company.
M2 Pro Specifications and Features -
- 40 billion transistors, more than 2x the amount in M2.
- New 10- or 12-core CPU, including eight high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores, up to 20% faster than M1 Pro’s 10-core CPU.
- Up-to 19-core GPU that is up to 30% faster than M1 Pro
- M2 Pro can be configured with up to 32GB of fast low-latency unified memory, with up to 200GB/s of memory bandwidth
- Apps like Adobe Photoshop run heavy workloads faster than ever, and compiling in Xcode is up to 2.5x faster than on the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro.
M2 Max Specifications and Features -
- Features the same powerful 12-core CPU as M2 Pro
- 38-core GPU for up to 30% faster graphics performance than M1 Max.
- 67 billion transistors — 10 billion more than M1 Max and more than 3x that of M2
- Doubles the memory interface compared with M2 Pro for up to 400GB/s, or nearly 4x the memory bandwidth of M2.
- M2 Max can be configured with up to 96GB of fast unified memory.
- M2 Max can tackle graphics-intensive projects that competing systems can’t even run.
- M2 Max is the world’s most powerful and efficient chip for a pro laptop.
M2 Pro and M2 Max Advanced custom technologies are -
- Apple’s next-generation, 16-core Neural Engine, is capable of 15.8 trillion operations per second, and up to 40 percent faster than the previous generation.
- M2 Pro has an immensely powerful and efficient media engine, including hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, and ProRes video encoding and decoding, allowing playback of multiple streams of 4K and 8K ProRes video while using very little power.
- M2 Max features two video encoding engines and two ProRes engines, bringing up to 2x faster video encoding than M2 Pro.
- Apple’s latest image signal processor delivers better noise reduction and, along with the Neural Engine, uses computational video to enhance camera image quality.
- A next-generation Secure Enclave is a critical part of Apple’s best-in-class security.
The MacBook Pro comes in 14.2-inch and 16.2-inch models with Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED display, ProMotion technology with up to 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, aluminum body, and Magic Keyboard, same as the previous models.
The new M2 Pro and M2 Max chip also bring Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, and improved battery life, even though these retain the same battery capacity. These also support 8K external displays via HDMI for the first time and up to 96GB of unified memory in the M2 Max model.
Apple MacBook Pro (2023) 14-inch and 16-inch Specifications -
|Display||14.2-inch (3024×1964 pixels) / 16.2 (3456×2234 pixels) Liquid Retina XDR display at 254 pixels per inch, ProMotion technology for adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, Up to 1,000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness, 1,600 nits peak brightness, 10,00,000:1 contrast ratio|
|RAM/Storage||Up to 32GB unified memory (Configurable to 64GB (M2 Max), or 96GB (M2 Max with 38‑core GPU), 512GB / 1TB SSD (Configurable to 2TB, 4TB, or 8TB)|
|OS/UI||macOS Ventura operating system|
|Keyboard||Backlit Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, Ambient light sensor, Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities|
|Cameras||1080p FaceTime HD camera, Advanced image signal processor with computational video|
|Audio||Support for spatial audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers, Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking when using AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max|
|Features||Studio‑quality three-mic array with high signal-to-noise ratio and directional beamforming, 3.5 mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones, High-fidelity six-speaker sound system with force-canceling woofers, Wide stereo sound|
|Dimensions||14-inch - 1.55 x 31.26 x 22.12 cm / 16-inch - 1.68 x 35.57 x 24.81 cm|
|Weight||14-inch - 1.6kg (M2 Pro) / 1.63kg (M2 Max) / 16-inch - 2.15kg (M2 Pro) / 2.16kg (M2 Max)|
|Connectivity||3 x Thunderbolt 4 USB Type-C with support for Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 4 (up to 40 Gbps), USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps), SDXC card slot, HDMI 2.1 port, MagSafe 3 port, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.3|
Pricing and Availability -
The new MacBook Pro models are available for pre-order from January 17 on Apple India and in the Apple Store app in 27 countries and regions, including the US. These will be available from January 24 globally including in India.
MacBook Pro 14-inch Prices are -
- M2 Pro chip/10-Core CPU/16-Core GPU/16GB Unified Memory/512GB SSD – Rs. 1,99,900 ($1,999 in the US)
- M2 Pro chip/12-Core CPU/19-Core GPU/16GB Unified Memory/1TB SSD – Rs. 2,49,900 ($2,499 in the US)
- M2 Max Chip/12-Core CPU/30-Core GPU/32GB Unified Memory/1TB SSD – Rs. 3,09,900 ($3099 in the US)
MacBook Pro 16-inch Prices are -
- M2 Pro chip/12-Core CPU/19-Core GPU/16GB Unified Memory/512GB SSD – Rs. 2,49,900 ($2,499 in the US)
- M2 Pro chip/12-Core CPU/19-Core GPU/16GB Unified Memory/1TB SSD – Rs. 2,69, 900 ($2,699 in the US)
- M2 Max Chip/12-Core CPU/38-Core GPU/32GB Unified Memory/1TB SSD – Rs. 3,49,900 ($3499 in the US)